Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Is it Spring Yet?


These trio of vases I bought separately from Ross last year. They were on top of the console table adjacent to the dining table in the dining room. This year, I decided to lessen the amount of flowers on the tallest vase to give that minimalist, clean look. They now proudly sit on top of a glass console table in the hallway adjacent to the kitchen's eating area and dining room.

I decided not to change our color scheme.  The turquoise-and-brown combination is still very appealing. I decided to cover the table with pure brown tablecloth to protect its top from scratches and burn. There are ring marks from hot bowls of soup my nieces and nephew were eating back in our former home. I never got around to removing those. Maybe this year, I would be able to.

The centerpiece is a vase I bought from Home Goods last year that I used on top of our living room's coffee table. I stowed it the past winter. Now it holds silk flowers (2 magnolias and 1 white hydrangea). The soup bowls match the colors well, so I kept them, minus the chargers. Then, I placed the napkin rings on top and inserted turquoise napkins in each ring. I will take photos and upload them soon.

The console top had items from my previous posts, but I added a clear bowl with wooden fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment